I watched some more movies.
Dostana is better if forgotten. It was difficult to sit through.
Oye Lucky, Lucky Oye is a very enjoyable film. It's a flop commercially. In fact Mumbai terror attacks helped all movies released in those few weeks bomb. Even otherwise it might not have been accepted too well because of its slightly eccentric style. A simplified storyline, with brilliant characterization, packaged in an unconventional format is what you get. Abhay Deol has once more impressed not just in acting, but also for an eye to choose scripts. Dibakar Banerjee, the director, has proved his mettle once again after Khosla Ka Ghosla. He could not repeat the BO success though. As a matter of fact, he has shown more maturity, took more risks while sporting his creativity. The music is odd, but goes very well with the tempo of the movie. It's a story of a cool thief grown up in a typical middle class Punjabi family of Delhi. It's all about the characters and the ambiance that surrounds them. It's never meant to be a crash course on technicalities of stealing but dwells on some real, funny characters tied together with brilliant moments and dialogues. Not to forget the breezy humor all throughout. Superlative performances, great style, crispy story-telling, incisive detailing, smart direction - I just loved OLLO!
I also watched Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi. It's an ordinary movie. With SRK in the lead, I think giving a rating relative to his other recent movies will be easier to explain. RNBDJ is better than MHN, Mohabbatein, K3G etc. It's worse than Swades, Chak De. I would say it's more in the rank of one-time-watchable OSO, but with weaker music. I really have nothing much to say about the movie.