You're not even 7. It's already too harsh for you to accept things as they seem. Questions follow every step of yours. Is it a good feeling for a father? I don't know. Or it may be a mixed one. I do understand your concerns. How can a 2mins slot on a so-called kids' channel during a cartoon broadcast be used to push some product or the other... how do I explain to you that you really don't miss much if you're not into oats in the morning. You can do just fine without those creamy, colored and flavored biscuits or sugary juices etc. On one hand, you're struggling with one set of moms who vow to turn their kids into adults faster by 'healthy' diet (milk with some soluble supplements or some crispy floating modules). On the other hand, there are moms who reward their kids (probably for some performance) by ordering parcels containing cheese plus other stuff in just Rs 49 or 99. Then there is a text book defining junk vs healthy food. Above everything, there's your own taste buds to live with. It's a multidimensional fight and you're too young to deal with it. I'm lucky. I didn't have these info when I was 7. Lack of technology made my life simpler... my parents' as well.
One more thing... in case you get a feeling that every dad who goes out to 'office' in the morning does not 'present' sales figures to a round table of an appreciating audience. I don't... well, I'm not a serious example of a career-ly father... but in general, not all fathers look for real life examples (of some kind of pile of blocks, or pizza slices) to fill slides with histograms or pie-charts. I don't even know how to read/send emails on a mobile phone or prepare presentations on it. I'm taking baby steps to technology since I was born and have a long way to catch up. Every time I make some progress, I realize that technology has gone further ahead. I hope someday technology will take a pause, a nap of sorts to just look back and breathe. I'll take that one big leap to be on par. Unlike me, technology is not complacent to chill. The wheel that churns money keeps rolling and I fail.
India's suffering has nothing to do with not having adequate breakfast cereals. Wheat, rice and other old school breakfast dishes weren't really a sabotage to keep India merely 'a developing nation' for ages. Any ancient civilization has failed to sustain its momentum. Otherwise one would have died to study in Iran or settle in Greece. It's turn for the younger nations to show off while the veterans leave the center-stage. Is India an old nation? Now my confidence is shaken up, my flow is stalled. Harappa/Mohenjo-Daro? OK.. if that's not technically India, how about Alexander the Great reaching India etc? My history/geography might have got messed up over the years but I think it's fine to call ourselves older than many. So we are in the backseat, relaxing with a cup of coffee (and not tea), having a word or two with fellow backbenchers (Mr. Modi is in SAARC right now) while enjoying the newcomers' show... in fact we either take black coffee without sugar or cappuccino. A struggling actor went to US and wrote in the newspaper that he was astonished by the love and respect Americans have for their country. He feels that's the reason the nation is on top of the world today. Hey Mr. Tambourine Man... can you tell me why they feel that love whereas we don't? I surely don't have an answer. One guess, an intelligent one (I can't help), would be that we're too old for such physical love, or maybe we're done with the relationship and kinda enjoying our single status on our profile. Choose me for a mocking bird!
One more thing... in case you get a feeling that every dad who goes out to 'office' in the morning does not 'present' sales figures to a round table of an appreciating audience. I don't... well, I'm not a serious example of a career-ly father... but in general, not all fathers look for real life examples (of some kind of pile of blocks, or pizza slices) to fill slides with histograms or pie-charts. I don't even know how to read/send emails on a mobile phone or prepare presentations on it. I'm taking baby steps to technology since I was born and have a long way to catch up. Every time I make some progress, I realize that technology has gone further ahead. I hope someday technology will take a pause, a nap of sorts to just look back and breathe. I'll take that one big leap to be on par. Unlike me, technology is not complacent to chill. The wheel that churns money keeps rolling and I fail.
India's suffering has nothing to do with not having adequate breakfast cereals. Wheat, rice and other old school breakfast dishes weren't really a sabotage to keep India merely 'a developing nation' for ages. Any ancient civilization has failed to sustain its momentum. Otherwise one would have died to study in Iran or settle in Greece. It's turn for the younger nations to show off while the veterans leave the center-stage. Is India an old nation? Now my confidence is shaken up, my flow is stalled. Harappa/Mohenjo-Daro? OK.. if that's not technically India, how about Alexander the Great reaching India etc? My history/geography might have got messed up over the years but I think it's fine to call ourselves older than many. So we are in the backseat, relaxing with a cup of coffee (and not tea), having a word or two with fellow backbenchers (Mr. Modi is in SAARC right now) while enjoying the newcomers' show... in fact we either take black coffee without sugar or cappuccino. A struggling actor went to US and wrote in the newspaper that he was astonished by the love and respect Americans have for their country. He feels that's the reason the nation is on top of the world today. Hey Mr. Tambourine Man... can you tell me why they feel that love whereas we don't? I surely don't have an answer. One guess, an intelligent one (I can't help), would be that we're too old for such physical love, or maybe we're done with the relationship and kinda enjoying our single status on our profile. Choose me for a mocking bird!