Slumdog Millionaire created history at the Oscar. It is a superb film. Actors have all done a great job. It's a gripping, spirited thriller - a thoroughly entertaining one. I felt the story was meant for Hindi movies, filled with the right doses of masala - but the director made the absurd look incredibly enjoyable.
Rahman, the genius, wins 2 awards, for some not-so-deserving work. Music wasn't great - I don't think the movie demanded anything significant from him. And I question none about his credentials. In last few decades India has not produced any talent bigger than him. He has passed the test of time with flying colours. His transitions over different genres seem effortless. He deserves awards - for anything but this one!
Yes, it's a fact that they appreciated the film because it portrayed India in a light that soothes them. Nonetheless the color painted with is real and hence, can't be ignored. Jai ho...