I read about Anurag Kashyap's film Black Friday, made on Mumbai bomb blasts '93. I missed quite a few chances to watch it. This time around I didn't let the chance go - just grabbed it. It's a must watch for all. I had watched a documentary called Ram Ke Nam by Anand Patwardhan in the past. BF is not a documentary, but it did remind of one - which is a compliment for a mainstream Hindi film. It went so astoundingly close to reality, and stayed there till the end - stiff, as if nothing happened. Pavan Malhotra dazzled as Tiger Memon - unfortunately he doesn't bag such meatier roles too often. Kay Kay was impressive. I've heard Bandeh (Indian Ocean) before, in bits and pieces. It's a brilliant composition - I felt I need to start listening to the band. Hats off to Anurag Kashyap, I do look forward to him. A masterpiece! I echo the words written in a review of this film "Do me a favor, go and watch the film".
With BF, I completed a dark series based on or around terror attacks - in fact Black Friday is chronologically the first of the lot - Aamir, A Wednesday, Mumbai Meri Jaan followed.