Do we know why we like a song or a movie? I think we don't always clearly understand, just manage with some preconceived notions about our own taste. At 33, if I've to explain what I liked in a movie or a song, the answer is plain and simple - thoda magic thoda pyar. In other words, I may or may not be able to say. It could be a single thing, or a combination of many, some of which I can't pinpoint. All my growing years, I seemed very rigid on my preferences. Now with age I still maintain that but I must admit that I'm turning more receptive about something new, more respectful about the unknown.
Nowadays I'm not getting time to watch movies very frequently. I enjoyed Wake Up Sid, and I hated Dil Bole Hadippa (Rani Mukherjee, Shahid Kapoor starrer). WUS is a straightforward, good movie (despite KJo owning it!) marked by very natural actors like Ranbir, Konkona. Ranbir is a show-stealer. He is breaking out into super-stardom. The faster version of the title track is one of the best compositions in recent times - thanks to Shankar Ehsan-Loy's versatility. This trio created magic by keeping it pure and innocent. DBH on the contrary, is a colossal waste in terms of everything. Terrible movie! Rani tried to look younger and Shahid struggled to fit into the shoes of SRK in a dumb role.